Saturday, 11/1/14, is the ONLY day for turning in your SYFA football gear.
• Unless you specify otherwise that day, your $200 gear deposit check will be destroyed once we verify you've turned in your gear. REMEMBER, failure to turn in all gear (including belts, chin straps, etc.) will result in cashing the $200 deposit check.
Gear Turn-In will take place on the second floor of the Shakopee Engineering building (500 Gorman St., across the street from the Shakopee Police Department).
Here are some tips to help the process go quickly:
• THIS IS THE ONLY SCHEDULED DAY TO TURN IN GEAR. Please make arrangements with a teammate or friend if you cannot make it.
• Wash any pants and jerseys that you are turning in!!! We won't accept any clothing that obviously was not washed prior to turn-in.
• Remove all pant pads prior to washing.
• Remove all tape and decals from the helmet. This includes the team decal, all award decals, and any white or black athletic tape/striping done to it. Using a hairdryer to heat the decal prior to removal will help.
• Wipe down the helmet's outside with 409/Fantastic/etc.
• Remove tape from shoulder pad straps and untie any knots on the belts.
• Spray inside of helmet and bottom side of shoulder pads with Lysol disinfectant spray.
Everyone- keep any practice jersey purchased.
4th & 5th graders- keep their game jersey.
6th, 7th, & 8th graders- keep their RED game jersey. Return the WHITE game jersey!
• Cleats - if you wish to donate any cleats to our free cleat exchange, we will take those donations as well.
Below are the Gear Turn-In times as listed on the SYFA Calendar.
4th grade 9:00 AM
5th & 6th grades 10:00 AM
7th & 8th grades 11:00 AM
Any questions concerning equipment can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SYFA Equipment Director
NOTE: If you did not get your beef jerky prizes, we will have any remaining prizes available for pick up that morning.
JV photos can be accessed through the following link
All images may be downloaded for your PERSONAL use. To download:
1. Click on the thumbnail of the photo you want
2. Click on Download Photo Icon at the bottom right corner of the image (Arrow pointing down)
3. Image will be downloaded to your browser's Downloads folder.
Shakopee Football was featured in a KARE11 story on August 10th about our efforts to make our sport as safe as possible through USA Football's Heads Up coach education and certification program, and by following this program to teach our players the proper tackling techniques designed to keep them safe.
Here is a link to that story on their website.
SYFA Tackle Coaches are USA Football Certified in 2014
Be sure to periodically check the "SYFA News" page here. We will try to post timely information for you on that page, usually with an article in the "News for Shakopee Youth Football" section.
We are excited to introduce you to our new savings site for Shakopee Football: sabersrewards.com. On our rewards site you have the opportunity to save money, get cash back and support our program. There are two support levels: The basic membership Is FREE. The Gold membership is $30 and you get a $25 gift. The rewards program is growing and will be adding value daily and weekly to our site, so we encourage you to take a look.