HIT THE LINK ABOVE TO REGISTER FOR THE 2019 SABER YOUTH FOOTBALL CAMP
SHAKOPEE MOVING COMPANY CAMP (All linemen)
Who: Grades 6-8 (Fall 2019) OL/DL/LB
Where: Shakopee High School Practice Field (south side of school)
When: July 15-18
Time: 9:00am -11:30am
This camp is exclusively for offensive and defensive linemen.
PASSING ACADEMY CAMP (All Skilled Players)
Who: Grades 6-8 (Fall 2019) Skill Players (QB, RB, DB, WR, LB)
Where: Vaughn Field
When: July 15-18
Time: 9:00am -11:30am
-June 23 (Sunday late afternoon) 4:00pm - 8:00pm. Free bowling for all youth football kids. Kids new to football, and kids still considering joining youth football encouraged to attend. Social event. Shakopee Bowl / Louisville Lanes.
- June 30th - Registration Ends (Late registration fee applies after this date)
- July 13th - Gear Day 1: Location -500 Gorman Street, Shakopee. 3rd/4th Grade Tackle 9-10am. 5th Grade 10-11am. 6th Grade 11-noon. 7th Grade 1-2pm. 8th Grade 2-3pm. (Try to come during your time slot but it’s not critical if you can’t. Bring a $300 check for equipment security. Will not be cashed unless equipment is not returned.)
- July 15th-18th - Football Camp for 6th-8th Grade. 9-11:30am the Lineman at the High School Practice fields, the Skill Players at Vaughn Game Field. Full pads, cleats, mouth guard and water. Registration opens June 12 at 1pm at https://shakopeefootball.sportngin.com/register/form/070337938 . $80 fee. Conducted my Varsity coaches and college players.
- July 18th 6PM - 9PM: Coaches Clinic for coaches interested in coaching 6th-8th grade. Conducted by the High School Staff. 6-9pm. Start in the lecture room, upstairs next to the High School Main Gym, then practical demonstration in the Gym. This is a mandatory meeting for interested coaches.
- July 21st Gear Day 2: 500 Gorman Street, Shakopee. All tackle grades 5-8pm. (Bring a $300 check for equipment security, will not be cashed unless equipment is not returned.)
- July 22nd and 23rd Common Practice. All tackle levels. 6-8pm at Vaughan Field. Run by Varsity Coach, Staff and Players. Full pads, mouth guard, cleats and water.
- July 24th Evaluations 6th-8th Grade. At Shakopee High School Practice Fields. 6th Grade 6-6:45pm. 7th Grade 6:45-7:30pm. 8th Grade 7:30-8pm. Full pads, cleats, mouth guard and water.
- July 25th Evaluations 3rd/4th Grade Tackle and 5th Grade. Tahpah Main Field, Tahpah Park. (Closest field to 169 and Marystown Rd.) 3rd/4th Grade Tackle 6-7pm. 5th Grade 7-8pm. Full pads, cleats, mouth guard and water.
- July 28th Tackle Schedule and Rosters Posted.
- July 29th First Practice 3rd/4th Grade Tackle - 8th Grade. 6-8pm (excluding 5th Grade)
- July 30th First Practice 5th Grade. 6-8pm
- July 30th Flag Evaluations. Tahpah Main Field, Tahpah Park. (Closest field to 169 and Marystown Rd.) 6-8pm. Cleats, mouth guard and water.
- Aug. 1 Flag Final Schedule and Rosters Posted
- Aug. 3 First Flag Practice
- Sep. 28th Regular Season Ends for 6th-8th grade. (If made it to the playoffs then season keeps going. Championship games on Oct. 12)
- Oct. 12 Last Day for Flag - 5th Grade. Season Ends.
Please welcome Mike Morris to the Saber Nation family as our new strength coach!
You may know him as “The Superstar”
He’s the larger-than-life long snapper who brought his one of a kind, no holds barred personality to the NFL for 13 years. In those years he played with the St. Louis and Arizona Cardinals, Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots, Seattle Seahawks, Cleveland Browns, before finding his home with the Minnesota Vikings for 9 years.
Mike Morris is the man behind MILO, one of the most sought after, elite training clubs for serious minded athletes in MN. Mike has trained Matt Birk, Brock Lesnar, Todd Steussie, Chris Hovan and many others seeking his guidance and knowledge to make greater gains and achieve better results in their respective careers.
Mike brought that vast experience to Concordia University-St. Paul as the Head of Strength and Conditioning, as well as Hill Murray High School.
Now Mike Morris is expanding his reach by partnering with Lifetime Fitness and bringing that knowledge and passion to the Shakopee High Football Team!
Certifications- CSCS, USAW, CPT as well as the Lifetime Certification Program, and a member of the National Strength Coaches Association (NSCA) for over 20 years.
2019 registration for 1st-8th Grade is now open. Take advantage of the early bird special by registering before May 31. It’s going to be a great season!
All potential tackle level coaches, especially travel level coaches, are asked to join the Varsity staff for a (2) night coaches' clinic. The clinics will be June 25th & June 27th from 6:00pm - 9:00pm at Shakopee High School fields. Each night will focus on offense or defense. Classroom details at the High School to follow...
Coach registration is open! If you are interested in coaching, please register early as we will be selecting coaches earlier this year. Thank you.
On Thursday June 11, SYFA President Mark Grommesch announced this year's Dollars for Scholars recipients. Shakopee Youth Football gave 3 awards this year to graduating seniors: Issac Nesburg, Jacob Nesburg, and Ethan Pearson. Congratulations, and good luck, to our former youth footballers! --SYFA
Issac Nesburg, Jacob Nesburg, Mark Grommesch (SYFA), Ethan Pearson
Shakopee Varsity Footballers visiting elementary schools to encourage playing youth football
Learning to Snap with Brian Senske
Winter Skills Drills with coach Ray Betton, assisted by High School Players.
As a researcher, I know the risks are real. But they may be overestimated by the public. And the game has important benefits.
Click link to continue reading: http://www.startribune.com/youth-football-and-concussions-i-love-the-brain-but-think-you-can-like-football-too/472033803/
Shakopee Football was featured in a KARE11 story on August 10th about our efforts to make our sport as safe as possible through USA Football's Heads Up coach education and certification program, and by following this program to teach our players the proper tackling techniques designed to keep them safe.
Here is a link to that story on their website.